The Purpose of SonLife
The purpose of SonLife Community Church is to give honor and glory to God by growing in a personal faith-relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ; and by sharing with others how they too can have a personal faith-relationship with God.
The Vision of SonLife
SonLife connects with God and the world around us through the Good News of Jesus, growing a church family to impact others with the grace and truth of Jesus.
What we Believe
- We believe in the authority of the Word of God
- We believe in One God eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- We believe God the Father loves us perfectly and has done everything necessary for us to have an eternal relationship with Him.
- We believe God the Son eternally existed equally with the Father, became a human (Jesus Christ) through the virgin birth, and lived a sinless life.
- We believe that Jesus Christ’s death on the cross is the only substitute for the penalty of mankind’s sin.
- We believe that He was visibly raised from the dead in the flesh, displaying His triumph over sin and death. He ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of God as our High Priest and Advocate
- We believe He will imminently return to earth visibly in the flesh to gather those who have put their personal faith in Him, to be with Him eternally
- We believe in the person and work of the Holy Spirit.
- He indwells every person when they put their faith in Jesus Christ.
- He is the believer’s deposit, guaranteeing their inheritance from God.
- He regenerates, sanctifies, comforts, guides, and empowers each believer
- We believe every human is created in the image of God
- We believe that mankind, of his own free will, chose to sin against God resulting in eternal separation of mankind from God.
- We believe in the necessity of the New Birth
- The new birth is the work of God
- Mankind is saved by grace through faith.
- We believe in water baptism. Water Baptism is an act of obedience that follows conversion to portray symbolically the washing away of our sins for those who put their trust in Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Lord’s Supper(Communion) was established and given by Jesus Christ to be taught and practiced by the church. The elements of the Lord’s Supper represent the body and blood of Jesus Christ. In this ordinance, we remember Christ’s sacrificial death and we look forward to His second coming
- We believe that God creates each person as male and female.
- We believe that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture.
- We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of SonLife Community Church.
- For a written copy of our complete doctrinal statement please send a request to SonLife Community Church.